The Thirty Seven Trains
... in England, Scotland,
France, Switzerland and Germany during the Summer of 1997
Trains Listed by Route and Railway
(see key, below, for abbreviations)
Maps of the UK, northern France, Switzerland and southern Germany show our route of travel. The heavy red line indicates travel by train (the heavy blue line indicates travel by rental car).
- London-Gatwick to London-Victoria Station (GE)
- London-Paddington Station to Bath (GW)
- Stratford-Upon-Avon to Birmingham (CSC)
- Birmingham to York (VCC)
- Edinburgh to Stirling (SR)
- Stirling to Glasgow (SR)
- Glasgow to Edinburgh (GNER)
- Edinburgh to London-Kings Cross Station (GNER)
- London-Waterloo Station to Paris-Gare du Nord (ES)
- Paris to Versailles (RER) (Note 1)
- Versailles to Paris (RER)
- Paris-Gare St. Lazare to Vernon (SNCF) (Note 2)
- Vernon to Paris-Gare St. Lazare (SNCF)
- Paris-Gare du Est to Strasbourg (SNCF)
- Strasbourg to Bern (SNCF/SBB) (Note 3)
- Bern to Interlaken-West (SBB)
Narrow guage cog railroads were used on July 13 and 14 to go into the mountains south of Interlaken (the Bernese Oberland). A map of the Jungfrau Railways shows the individual lines such as BOB, WAB, etc.
- Interlaken-East to Lauterbrunen (BOB) (Note 4)
- Lauterbrunen to Interlaken-East (BOB)
- Interlaken-East to Lauterbrunen (BOB)
- Lauterbrunen to Wengen (WAB) (Note 4)
- Eigergletscher to Kleine Scheidegg (JB) (Note 4)
- Kleine Scheidegg to Grindelwald (WAB)
- Grindelwald to Interlaken-East (BOB)
- Interlaken-East to Meiringen (SBB Brunig)
- Meiringen to Brienz (SBB Brunig)
- Interlaken-West to Interlaken-East (SBB)
- Interlaken-East to Lucerne (SBB Brunig)
- Lucerne to Arth-Goldau (SBB)
- Arth-Goldau to Goschenen (SBB)
- Goschenen to Disentis/Muster via Andermatt (FO) (Note 5)
- Disentis/Muster to Reichenau-Tamins (RhB) (Note 6)
- Reichenau-Tamins to Tiefencastel (RhB)
- Tiefencastel to Chur (RhB)
- Chur to Sargans (SBB) (Note 7)
- Sargans to St. Margrethen (SBB) (Note 8)
- St. Margrethen to Kempten (SBB/DB) (Note 9)
Key to Railway Abbreviations, including
Links to Railway Websites
- RER is the Paris suburban railway system.
- Vernon is the rail station for Giverny, location of Monet's
- Change from French to Swiss railways at Basel, Switzerland.
- The BOB, WAB and JB are all Jungfrau Region
- The Andermatt to Disentis-Muster portion is part of the Glacier
- The RhB lines are part of the Glacier Express route.
- Sargans is a Swiss rail junction near the Switzerland-Liechtenstein-Austria
- St. Margrethen is a rail junction in northeast Switzerland.
- This was a Zurich to Prague train named the "Albert Einstein."
Change from Swiss to German railways at Lindau, Germany (after
passing through the northwest corner of Austria). Kempten is in
southwest Germany between Lindau and Munich.
You are visitor number:
Last updated 8/25/03
© 1997 firstname.lastname@example.org
This page hosted by
Get your own Free Home Page