|Interior of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre Drawn by D. Roberts, engraved by E. Finden, published by J. Murray, London, 1834. Steel engraved print with recent hand colour.
The drawing shows the Edicule, the structure containing the traditional tomb of Jesus. This is the fourth such structure and was built in 1809-10. The previous Edicules were built in 325-35 by Constantine as part of the original Church of the Resurrection, in 1012-40 with later modifications, and in 1555 (Ref: Martin Biddle, The Tomb of Christ, 1999, page 83). The Edicule is roughly at the center of the domed rotunda which was called the Anastasis in the original church.